Pages

Saturday 19 April 2014

[REVIEW] Innisfree Creamy Lip Tint Mousse in #1 & Creamy Tint Lipstick in #20

 Hello Readers!
Second post for my hugggggeeee Innisfree shopping spree. In this post, I'll be sharing my review on the latest cosmetic product that's been popping up in my local Innisfree store - Innisfree Creamy Lip Tint Mousse, as well as their old favourite - Innisfree Creamy Tint Lipstick. :) 

Spokesperson for Innisfree Creamy Lip Tint Mousse. :) 
 This lip tint mousse comes in 7 rich colours to complement the Spring seasonal look. :) I also heard from elsewhere that there may be 5 new additional colours coming in during Summer. :D
After trying out the colours for nearly an hour in the store, I was deciding between #1 - a softer pink, #3 - a soft red, and #4 a bright red-pink! I was contemplating between trying something new and daring by getting a red lip colour or sticking to the safe-but-confirm-will-use-everyday pink. hahahs I chickened out and chose the pink (#1 - Small Orchid Flower Pink) in the end. But...I like this product so much so far that I am considering going back to get either the #3 or #4! Any suggestions? :D I went back the next day to get #3 but unfortunately it was SOLD OUT. omg, and it was only less than 24 hours since I was there! But....the saleslady also recommended the Creamy Tint Lipstick and suggested #20 Fragrant Fresh Coral which gave the same shade as #3, just that the lipstick has a slight gloss to it whereas the lip mousse dries completely matte. So, I decided to try that instead of having two of the same products. :D Yay, now I have something vibrant and red to spice up my make-up collection. hahahas. 


Creamy Lip Tint Mousse
Creamy Lip Tint Mousse in #1 Small Orchid Flower Pink

Creamy Tint Lipstick
Creamy Tint Lipstick in #20 Fragrant Fresh Coral
Instructions for use:
Creamy Lip Tint Mousse:

Taken from ibuybeauti.com, these photo instructions shows two ways of applying the mousse like a pro. :) I usually would do the vivid gradiation - sans the lip concealer though, I use the Innisfree Moisture Lip Base instead - which would be shown later in this post!! :D



You can even use it as a blusher! But uh, I prefer to keep my products single-functional. hahahs 

Creamy Tint Lipstick:
I used a lip brush to apply the lipstick! I didn't really try to play around with the gradation, but the intensity of the colour can be built upon layer by layer! :)
SUMMARY OF REVIEW
My thoughts:

While browsing through the lip colours, I was griping to my mother about the lines on my lips and how all the lip colours I've been testing looks so pretty but the lines kinda messes up the application and the overall look - being on Isotretinoin makes my lips really dry and hence, lip lines appeared. :(

My mom found this little tube of amazing hidden at the corner of the display and suggested that I try applying this before testing the lip colours - Innisfree Moisture Lip Base
MY COSMETIC LIFE CHANGED FROM THEN ON.
Amazing product for those with dry lips or lined lips (like mine :'( )
After application, I pursed and rubbed my lips together and...it felt so so smooth. Try rubbing your lips together right now, and assuming you've got nothing on, you may feel some friction while rubbing right? Well, this product made it so so velvety smooth, no friction at all. It's like my lips are encased in a layer of soft soft velvet.
It applies on like a regular lip-balm, but much smoother!

Creamy Lip Tint Mousse in #1 Pink: 
Back to the creamy lip tint mousse in #1 Small Orchid Flower Pink, it's like a creamy lip gloss? I'm not sure why they call it a mousse, it's not exactly like airy-light, fluffy. hahahs. The lip applicator is a very simple wand. :)

Lip Wand
Do be careful not to apply too much at one shot! I'd recommend dabbing first in the middle of your lips before gently spreading it out sideways. That way, you can slowly build up on the intensity!
Swatch - note how creamy and vivid the colour is!
I loved how the colour turned out! It starts off with a soft pink upon light application, and you can slowly build up on the product to result in a full-on pink as vibrant as the tube! :) The lip colour lasted for really long, and only disappears when I'm eating. I reapplied the lip mousse after lunch and approximately 4 to 5 hours later, during dinner, I was wiping my lips after taking a bite and I noticed that the napkin carried some traces of my lip colour! So it gains brownie points for its lasting powerUpon application, it looks a teeny tiny bit glossy but that dries to leave a soft matte texture, the colour is still very vibrant though!

After swiping it a few times - the colour stays vibrant and rich!


And now to the Creamy Tint Lipstick in #20 Coral:
The redness of the lipstick was not too vibrant to make me feel uncomfortable sporting those red lips outside. It also appeared to add a touch of healthiness and fun to my overall appearance! In fact, your entire make-up can be nude/pale because the lipstick would brighten up your entire face. :) Yay for easy make-up mornings! In addition, a little goes a long way too! and, using a lip brush, or even your fingertips, you can also control the intensity of the colour by slowly building it up layer by layer. :D

The lipstick tube :)

Note the matte texture of the lip swatch


BEFORE: 
Just bare lips

Creamy Lip Tint Mousse in #1 Small Orchid Flower Pink

Creamy Tint Lipstick in #20 Fragrant Fresh Coral
(It turned out very sheer as I applied only one layer,
this can be intensified quickly by layers if I don't use the lip brush!)


Would I buy it again: Perhaps, the colours in #3 and #4 are still enticing me. :P I bought, hahahs, but #3 was OOS, but I bought the alternative - Creamy Tint Lipstick - equally good and just slightly different because of the sheer gloss. :)
Price: 
Creamy Lip Tint Mousse: SGD$17 at my local Innisfree store (Takashimaya)
Creamy Tint Lipstick: SGD$20

For a limited time - get a mini Apple Juicy Lip & Eye Remover with every purchase of the Creamy Lip Tint Mousse! (I use this to remove my point make-up, and it's pretty good!) 


Verdict: 10/10
Thanks for reading this! And do share your thoughts about these products!

♥ Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment