Pages

Wednesday 26 February 2014

[REVIEW] Tokyo Love Soap Original



Hello! Today I'll be posting another review - this time on a popular soap bar in Japan - Tokyo Love Soap Original. I had seen reviews and ads on this circulating around Facebook, and because I suffer from some pigmentation, I decided to give this a try. 


There are a total of 4 main types of Tokyo Love Soap, but I got the original one as the purpose of the soap is to have instant whitening. The other 3 types have additional functions on top of the original functions. So if the original one works, the other 3 should more or less work too right? 

Product Benefits
A combination of effective natural and organic 100% vegan ingredients that:
  • instant whitening & radiance as early as the 1st usage
  • lightens pigments, age spots, freckles & scars
  • brightens darkened zones such as underarms, buttocks & intimate areas
  • tightens pores & minimizes excess oil secretions
  • reverse signs of aging, smoothens skin texture & wrinkles
  • minimise body hair growth - does not affect hair on eyebrows, eyelashes, or hair on the scalp 



Instructions for use:
  1. Wet the skin
  2. Apply the soap gently to the face & body
  3. Make a lather and leave the product for at least 3 minutes
  4. Rinse & repeat if necessary
  5. Use every time you shower for best results
*Note: micro-peeling will occur during the first two weeks of use and should not be confused with skin dryness. Not for skin with eczema, hypersensitivity or using chemical skin peeling products. 
SUMMARY OF REVIEW
My thoughts:
On my first usage - I left it on for approximately 2 to 3 minutes as instructed. It was a little tingly after washing the foam off and felt a bit dry too. For an hour or so after that, my skin felt a little itchy, but it seems to be part of the soap's constituents working its effect on the skin surface. 

**UPDATE (One month later):** I had to stop using the soap as I started developing patches of itchy rashes two weeks into using the soap daily. Whitening was not really seen in the pigmented areas. I would advise people with sensitive skin to be careful when buying - I have sensitive skin, but this reaction was alarming for me. 
Would I buy it again: No, the development of itchy rashes is definitely a cause not to buy it again. 
Price: from tokyoloveshop.com SGD 19.96 (USD 15.20)
note: I would recommend buying from this site as there has been many many sellers out there which sells fake versions of the soap.
Verdict: 0/10
Thanks for reading this! And do share your thoughts about this product!

♥ Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment