Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

[REVIEW] Laneige Power Essential Sensitive Skin Refiner & Balancing Emulsion

Happy Monday everyone!
I hope you're all enjoying this Deepavali-in lieu off-day!
Today, I will be reviewing three products! Two of the products will be reviewed here in this post, and the third one would be done on a separate post here!
The two products for review here today are the second and third step of my morning daily facial care regime - Laneige Power Essential Sensitive Skin Refiner and Laneige Power Essential Sensitive Skin Emulsion.
I guess you would have figured out by now, my entire facial regime is based on Laneige products - that's because I believe that they really do work well for my skin. I had noticed (after many years of suffering while trying to search for products that suit my skin, that I seem to be a lot more sensitive to american-based facial care - which has lead me to suffer from severe acne and hypersensitive itchy skin ><)
For those who are first time readers, Laneige is a popular facial care and cosmetics brand located in Korea. Under the company of Amore Pacific, Laneige prides itself in using the science of water to produce their best-selling products. Laneige means "snow" in French and is the result of intense research into hydration technology.
Laneige Power Essential Skin Refiner and Balancing Emulsion Sensitive(I apologize, but I only have one photo of the products. I had thrown the boxes away. :P)
[REVIEW FOR SENSITIVE SKIN REFINER]
The words on the clear bottle says: “Soothing skin refiner with detoxifying and anti-stress effect for healthy skin.”
Now doesn't that sound absolutely clarifying? :D
Product Benefits (taken from the Laneige website):
- Soothes sensitive and stressed skin and gently exfoliates excess keratin without irritation for healthy skin with fragrance-free, alcohol-free and color-free system
Bio Dusali, extracted from fermented seaweed with strong energy of life, supplies energy to the skin and promotes keratin turnover, while the Hyacinth extracts purify the skin from heavy metal, smog, and other harmful materials to leave the skin moist and transparent.
Rice bran extracts with outstanding skin soothing and moisturizing effects along with a highly skin-friendly high-molecular moisture barrier provides sufficient moisturization and healthier skin condition.
Instructions for use (taken from the Laneige website):
1. Dispense appropriate amount onto a cotton pad after cleansing every morning and evening.
(one tip: if your cotton pad appears brown - dirt/makeup, if your cotton pad appears gray - dead skin cells)
2. Gently apply as lightly wiping out from inside to outside
(Alternatively, you can shake a few drops in the palms of your hands and pat the liquid on your face - Korean refiners work for a different purpose from European/American toners)
[REVIEW FOR SENSITIVE SKIN EMULSION]
Product Benefits (taken from the Laneige website):
-Enhances weak skin barrier to protect the skin, and its mild texture soothes sensitive skin with fragrance-free, alcohol-free and color-free system.
Bio Dusali, extracted from fermented seaweed with strong energy of life, supplies energy to the skin and promotes keratin turnover, while the Hyacinth extracts purify the skin from heavy metal, smog, and other harmful materials to leave the skin moist and transparent.
Rice bran extracts with strong soothing and moisturizing effects and rye extracts that fortify skin resistance against external aggressions improve stressed and weak skin for healthier skin condition.
Instructions for use (taken from the Laneige website):
1. Dispense appropriate amount after skin refiner every morning and evening.
2. Gently apply as lightly wiping out from inside to outside
SUMMARY OF REVIEW:
My thoughts: Prior to using the Sensitive series, I was using their Light series which I still found to be a lot better in terms of absorption and oil control. :) But this could be considered for those who have more concerns over sensitivity than oily skin! I use these products at least once daily (at night) and twice (once in the morning, once at night) if I'm heading to school/heading out that day. Taking my previous usage of Laneige Light series as a gauge (they're the same sizes for the refiners and emulsions respectively), both of them lasted about 6 to 9 months. :) So it's rather a good value for money!
Would I buy it again: Not really, I was previously using their LIGHT skin refiner and I preferred that to the Sensitive type. Mainly because I felt that my skin was more hydrated using the Light version and it has a nicer smell.
Price: I bought the Laneige refiner and emulsion at either:
- the duty-free store located in the airport:
- or at Lotte Duty Free when I was in Korea over the summer: Approximately S$23/US$18 (Refiner) & S$25/US$20 (Emulsion)
They are relatively cheaper compared to buying from the Laneige stores in Singapore (Approximately S$45 - Refiner & Emulsion separately).
Verdict: 7/10
Thanks for reading this! And do share your thoughts about this product below!
♥ Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment