Pages

Monday 28 October 2013

[REVIEW] Laneige Water Bank Essence

Hello readers! Today I'll be doing a review on an essential item in my daily face care regime - Laneige Water Bank Essence. 
Laneige Waterbank Essence 1
This is one of Laneige's all-time best sellers. It comes in a sleek 60ml cerulean blue glass bottle (be careful if you have butterfingers!).
Laneige Waterbank Essence 2
The product is dispensed through a pump to ensure hygiene - one pump is all you need!
Laneige Water Bank Essence 5
The essence is a watery-like gel. The texture hovers on the fence between watery and gel-like.
Laneige Water Bank Essence 6
I like to dot the product on five points of my face: the forehead, tip of my nose, on both sides of my cheeks, and my chin, before spreading them in a circular motion.
The essence would feel greasy at first, but not to worry, this will be absorbed into the skin in a minute or two. I suppose the greasy-feeling may be due to the fact that an essence is a highly concentrated form of moisturiser which works to hydrate the deeper layers of your skin(a moisturiser would hydrate the outer layers of skin - so both are needed for your face care routine!)
Laneige Water Bank Essence 4 Laneige Waterbank Essence 3
Product Benefits (taken from the Laneige website):
- A 24-hour long-lasting moisture essence that contains mineral water for skin regeneration and Water Pump System for moisture circulation to safeguard skin moisture and hold it in to leave the skin moisturised and smooth.
- Instantly dampens the skin with ample moisture and forms a natural moisture barrier on skin surface to protect the moisture that is in the skin.
- Contains chestnut extracts and seaweed extracts to enhance keratin turnover to fight roughness and energises the skin for a smooth and healthy texture.
Instructions for use (taken from the Laneige website):
1. After using the emulsion, release about a hazelnut-sized amount.
2. Gently spread from the center of the face towards the contours.
3. Cover the entire face with both hands to enhance penetration.
SUMMARY OF REVIEW
Would I buy it again: YES! I am already on my second bottle, and I have another two more from when I was in Korea over the summer. This product is truly watery heaven. I would recommend this for people of all skin types. :)
Price: I bought nearly all my Laneige products either from qoo10.sg, duty-free stores at the airport, or when I was in Korea over the summer as they are relatively cheaper compared to buying from the Laneige stores in Singapore.
1. Qoo10.sg is selling this for approximately S$35 for the full-sized product. There is also an alternative where you can get 4 sample-sized of the essence which is equivalent to the full bottle (60ml) at about S$25.
2. As for duty-free stores, I got it in a traveller's edition where it was selling 2 for S$60.
3. Lotte Duty Free Seoul was selling one bottle for approximately US$29 (S$35).
Verdict: 10/10
Thanks for reading this! And do share your thoughts about this product!
♥ Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment