Pages

Thursday 23 January 2014

[REVIEW] Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base

About two months back, I decided to include primers to my make-up regime. (Previously, it had just been facial products - foundation - blusher - and maybe eyeliner). But on bad skin days, I realised that the foundation doesn't seem to adhere very well to my skin, or becomes shiny with oil/oxidation at the end of a long day. I had seen various make-up tutorials by then to notice that they always recommend using a primer, so I thought, why not give it a shot? 

Being a korean cosmetics fan, I wanted to try a primer that was from one of the korean cosmetics brand, and I wanted something not too expensive as I didn't want money to go to waste should I decide not to use a primer in the end. Normally, my first go-to-brand would be Innisfree, but sadly the store wasn't set to open until late Nov/Dec then. So, while Christmas sales were beginning to pop up in various stores at this time, I decided to go check out what the other brands had in store. 

I was drawn into Skinfood, but their primers were way above my budget (I was hoping to get something for less than $20, and really no more than $25 if I really really like the primer). The next store was Tony Moly, but as the particular store had a huge moving out sale, most of their products were gone. Right across was Etude House, so I decided to check out this store that my younger sister loves so much. 

The saleslady recommended Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base. She commented that it was one of the brand's popular bestsellers in 2013, and they had repackaged the product from a large frosted glass jar to a travel-friendly squeeze bottle. There were three colours to choose from:


#1 Mint Choux (pastel green) - to counteract redness of the skin

#2 Berry Choux (cotton candy pink) - gives a brightening tone, for dull skin

#3 Peach Choux (pastel orange) - gives a yellow undertone, for yellow skin

Product Benefits
  • Creates moisture inside and softness outside
  • Upgrades skin tone in on brighter tone
  • With its primer function, it remains soft make-up without shine for hours
  • Light and soft touch that feels like whipped cream melting on skin
  • SPF25 PA++
Instructions for use:



Squeeze an appropriate amount (about the size of a 10 cent coin would do, alternatively, you can gauge from the amount of BB cream you use too!).



Smooth over entire face. (Likewise, as the same for my BB cream application, I like to dab over 5 points of my face first - forehead, nose, cheeks and chin - before spreading the product)




(Top - Before; Bottom - After)

SUMMARY OF REVIEW
My thoughts: The primer smelled faintly of synthetically sweet strawberries. It wasn't much of an issue as it was pretty faint. The texture was pretty delightful - kind of what I'd imagine a whipped souffle would be. It was light and airy to the touch. The primer didn't really brighten up my skin tone as I thought it would, perhaps I should have tried other colours in the product line. Make-up appeared to adhere pretty well too. :) 
Would I buy it again:
Perhaps not, it's not a bad product, but it doesn't feel so great that I would stick by this primer permanently. I would like to explore other brands of primers before deciding if I should go back to this one. :)
Price: ~S$22 at local Etude House stores, 
Verdict: 7/10
Thanks for reading this! And do share your thoughts about this product!
♥ Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment