Pages

Monday 7 July 2014

[REVIEW] Bourjois Healthy Mix & Happy Light Foundations

Hello readers! I am back again with a review on two products from my UK hauls - Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (red-capped), and Bourjois Happy Light Foundation (pink-capped). 

Bourjois is a sister brand of Chanel and was initially created by a French actor, Joseph-Albert Ponsin in 1863, when he prepared makeup and perfumes for actors and actresses in the comfort of his own home. Five years later, he handed over this activity to Alexandra-Napoleon Bourjois where the brand blossomed to become internationally known. In 1917, Pierre and Paul Wertheimer took over the directorship of the company, of which remains until this day.  Now, Bourjois actually appeared first before Chanel (that was created by Coco Chanel later in 1909). 


History lesson aside, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation boasts of its long lasting power - 16 hours! In addition, the foundation is enriched with a fruit therapy formula to enhance your complexion and give it a radiant boost (apricot for radiance, melon for hydration and apple for youthfulness). The foundation also contains crystalline pigments to suffuse a healthy looking glow. It comes in 8 different shades.
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 52 Vanilla
 The Happy Light Foundation promises a luminous and flawless complexion under any light. Translucent pigments in the foundation helps to correct without creating a mask-life or cakey effect to form a flawless complexion. It also boasts of lasting for up to 16 hours. It is available in 5 different shades. 
Bourjois Happy Light Foundation in 52 Light Beige
SUMMARY OF REVIEW
My thoughts:
Healthy Mix Foundation: The fruity fragrance made applying this foundation a pleasant experience. The foundation provided medium coverage - I believe this can be increased upon careful layering. I don't believe I have worn makeup for any longer than 12 hours, so I can't say if it would really last for 16 whole hours. However, I would say that the foundation did not start to fade until perhaps the 5th or 6th hour - even in humid weather. So if you work in air-conditioned areas, this foundation may very well last you the entire day! :) The shade I had selected seemed to match and blend well into my skin - in fact, it made my face appear brighter without having that face-neck-no-match dilemma. :) Definitely a recommended product!

Happy Light Foundation: I got this foundation in the same shade number (different name though) as the Healthy Mix Foundation. But...it ended up being a little too dark. However, it also matched my skin if I applied a light layer and blended it carefully. Coverage was light - I'm not sure if it's buildable as I had not wanted to risk having a too dark foundation in the end, but I believe it can still be layered on for those who got the right shade for themselves. :) The foundation did not have a fruity pleasant fragrance like the Healthy Mix, but it did feel lighter compared to it. Blotting may occur at about the 4th to 5th hour, and it doesn't appear to fade until perhaps 4 hours later too. I felt that the foundation wasn't as lasting as the Healthy Mix, but overall still a good product for light makeup days!

Bare arm

[Right] Happy Light in 52 Light Beige
[Left] Healthy Mix in 52 Vanilla

[Right] Happy Light in 52 Light Beige
[Left] Healthy Mix in 52 Vanilla

Would I buy it again:
I really liked the Healthy Mix foundation. It appeared to brighten my face without having two colours on between my face and neck. The smell of this was really pleasant too! I will definitely get another bottle - now about the hefty price tag...

The Happy Light foundation provided lighter coverage, perfect for days when I feel like applying lesser make-up. However, the wrong choice of shade was a bit of a turn-off. Although it isn't glaringly obvious and it also blended into my skin tone when spreading it after a time, I still can't help but feel a tad weirded out whenever I first apply the foundation. Otherwise, I do like this foundation and would get another of it (in a lighter shade this time - perhaps 51 vanilla?) if I ever come across a great a deal as the one I got in Boots. 
Price: 
2 for GBP14 in Boots - approximately SGD14 per bottle
SGD34.90 in John Little
Verdict: 8/10
Thanks for reading this! And do share your thoughts about this product!

♥ Apple



No comments:

Post a Comment